If you have a VVX 600 phone you can use a Bluetooth headset with your phone to handle calls. To use your Bluetooth headset with your phone, you need to turn on the Bluetooth option on your phone, and then pair and connect your Bluetooth device with your phone.
This section shows you how to turn Bluetooth on, and how to pair and connect your Bluetooth headset. It also provides general information on how to use your Bluetooth headset with your phone, and how to disconnect and remove your Bluetooth headset from your phone.
Turning On the Bluetooth Option
Before you can use a Bluetooth headset with your phone, you need to turn on the Bluetooth option.
When Bluetooth is turned on, the Bluetooth icon displays in the status bar, as shown next.
To turn on the Bluetooth option on your phone:
1. From Home view, tap Settings > Basic (1) > Bluetooth Settings (13) > Bluetooth Radio (1). The Bluetooth Radio screen displays, as shown next.
2. To turn Bluetooth on, tap On (2). The message Turning BT radio on / Please wait displays.
Pairing and Connecting Bluetooth Headsets
Before you use your Bluetooth headset, you need to pair and connect it with your phone.
You can pair up to four Bluetooth headsets with your phone; however, only one headset can be connected at a time.
To pair and connect your Bluetooth headset with your phone:
1. Turn your Bluetooth headset on and place the headset in discovery mode. To place your headset in discovery mode, refer to your headset documentation
2. From Lines view, press the Bluetooth icon in the status bar, tap Manage BT Headsets (2)
3. Tap Scan. Make sure your headset is in discovery mode before you tap Scan.
The message Place device in discoverable mode reminds you to do this. Refer to your headset documentation for information on how to place your headset in discovery mode.
All the nearby devices in discovery mode will be added to the list, as shown next. A red icon displays next to each unpaired headset
4. Tap the headset you want to pair and tap Add to begin the pairing process. An Adding device message displays. After your headset is added, the Manage BT Headsets screen displays. Your headset will be paired, but not connected, as shown next.
5. Tap the headset you want to connect, and tap Connect. A Connecting device message displays.
After your headset connects, a Headset attached message displays, and your headset model will display next to the Bluetooth/Headset icon—the icon that indicates that your headset is both paired and connected (shown next).
Handling Calls with Your Bluetooth Headset
If your Bluetooth headset is turned on, and paired and connected with your phone, you can:
· Use the headset to handle calls, including muting and adjusting call volume.
· Initiate and end calls on your headset by pressing (headset), or using a control on the headset.
· Switch to handset or speakerphone mode during a headset call by picking up the handset or pressing (speaker).
If a Bluetooth headset is paired and connected, and then you turn the headset off, the message Headset removed displays.
The headset won’t be connected anymore, but it will still be paired. When you turn the headset back on, the message Headset attached displays, and the headset will be connected again—indicating that you can use it to handle calls.