You can initiate a conference call with two other people, making a 3-way call. Conference calls can be placed on hold, plus you have the option to split a conference call—end the conference and place the people you were talking with on hold.
Calls to external or internal parties can be part of a conference call.
Initiating Conference Calls
You can initiate a conference by calling two people and using the Confrnc soft key or by joining two existing calls using the Join soft key.
To initiate a conference call:
1. Call the first person.
2. From Lines or Calls view, press More > Confrnc. The active call is held.
3. Using the Dialer, call the second person.
4. When the second person answers, press More > Confrnc or press Join to add everyone in a conference.
When active, the following screen will be displayed:
Holding and Resuming Conference Calls
When you place a conference call on hold, you place all the participants in the call on hold. No one in a held conference call can hear each other.
To place a conference call on hold:
1. From Lines or Calls view, press Hold. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first.
The other two people in the conference are held.
The following example shows a held conference in Calls view
Ending Conference Calls
To end a conference, press End Call. By default, when you press End Call, the other people remain
connected unless your Systems Administrator sets your phone to end all connections when you end a
Splitting Conference Calls
You can split an active or held conference call. When you split a conference, you end the conference and
place the call participants on hold.
1. From Lines or Calls view, press Split. The conference call ends. By default, the other two people are held.
Joining two separate calls
If you have two concurrent calls in place, you may join them into a conference.
1. Press the Join key